Hey guys! Krayfishkarl here, and welcome to another Droplet: States of Matter update! This patch is much smaller than usual, and so, I have called it Version early access 1.13.1. The main focus of this update is to add several more quality of life improvements and bug fixes that did not initially make it into the Haunted Shipyard update. Most of these are related to the title screen and pause menu.
A few examples include adding a “save and quit option” as well as requiring the button to be held down when deleting a save file. But perhaps the most notable addition is a new game plus mode. I won’t spoil the exact nature of it as it is related to endgame plot details. But the next time you visit the Galactic Science Expo, you might notice a newly added door. What’s on the other side? You’ll have to complete the game to 100% to find out.
That’s all for now, and thank you for following the development of Droplet: States of Matter!
- Fixed an issue where Droplet would get cloned if you load a save game that has yet to progress enough to reach Helium Valley.
- Fixed an issue where the player shadow was incorrectly set to be visible during certain parts of the intro.
- The professor’s remark about the options menu will now trigger again if you encounter him before completing the tutorial and after reloading a save game. (Will only work on new save files if you have existing data from the previous version.)
- Extra checks to ensure the final cutscene in the introduction plays correctly under specific circumstances.
- Multiple edge case bugs in the title screen and pause menus fixed.
- Fixed some graphical flickering in Sprites and Elves.
- Updated the graphics of the grass blades at the Galactic Science Expo.
- Added a sound effect for whenever a manual save takes place.
- Additional sound effects now play when erasing a save file.
- Sound effects and voices now play in the audio options menu to aid in testing different volume levels.
- Starting a new file if there’s at least one save game with 100% completion data will unlock a hidden new game plus mode. The nature of this mode contains story spoilers so you’ll have to play the game to find out what it is!
- Changed the way Molly-QL appears during one of the intro cutscenes. Specifically when she says “Over here!”.
- Re-recorded the help menu line about the controls to reflect the changes in the options menu.
- Added cancel button functionality to the title screen menu.
- You now have to hold down the button to erase a save file.
- The quit and return to title options have an extra confirmation if you want to quit without saving.