Hey guys! Krayfishkarl here with another Droplet: States of Matter update! Early Access 1.13 is now available! This update features a graphical rework of the Haunted Shipyard level! It includes several layout changes as well as new enemies.
Haunted Shipyard is a mid-game stage that focuses on puzzle solving. Use special state of matter cannons to clear the way forward! Keep an eye out for the hidden sextant artifact too! It’ll be worth your while should you take it back to the Galactic Museum of Science.
Additionally, several bug fixes and quality of life updates were introduced. One of the most noteworthy is the introduction of an option to toggle sprinting by just tapping the button rather than holding it down. You’ll be able to configure this in the options menu.
If you would like to support my endeavors as a game developer, feel free to subscribe and follow me on social media! Don’t forget that there’s a free demo available to download, too! The demo contains the introduction and all the main levels of the Helium Valley hub world. Upon purchasing the full game, you’ll be able to continue where you left off. And with that, thank you for following the development of Droplet: States of Matter!
Patch Notes EA1.13
- Fixed an issue where the remains of breakable boxes wouldn’t disappear if destroyed by a cannonball.
- Fixed some misplaced geometry in Gale Vale.
- Fixed a small box in Gale Vale that was unintentionally set to be a slot machine.
- Updated one of the mud models in Gale Vale to add geometry on the bottom.
- Adjusted some misplaced lava in Tiki Tectonics.
- Repositioned some misplaced boxes throughout the game.
- Fixed a box in Arctic Rig that would never load into the level.
- Adjusted some terrain in Mangrove Marsh to prevent the player from going outside the level loading zone.
- The correct “Press Start” button is now displayed if the control scheme is set to Type B.
- Bug fix where text speed in the options menu would not be preserved under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug where you could occasionally get put in a sprinting state after touching a plasma cannon.
- Fixed a bug where the old version of the Haunted Shipyard theme was playing after Salty Peter was defeated.
- Adjusted a checkpoint in Industrial Junkyard that was slightly floating above the ground.
- Graphical update for Haunted Shipyard to include several layout changes.
- Pirate ship and barrel textures updated
- Increased texture detail on Mangrove Marsh grass.
- Added a selectable frame rate limit in the options menu.
- Updated sounds for the destruction of walls by cannons.
- New enemies in Haunted Shipyard. The orange pirates and the charcoal pirates which replace several enemies that already appeared in other levels.
- Made an area of Gale Vale a lot easier.
- Adjusted the dark cloud platforms to have more forgiving collision detection.
- Adjusted the Tiki Tectonics artifact challenge area to accommodate players on the off chance this level is their first encounter with a grating.
- Changed some boxes around.
- Collision properties changed with pirate ships.
- Sulfur Ghosts now stop chasing you for a moment after attacking you.
- Shooting a cannon with a charged shot will now fire a faster cannonball.
- Projectiles shot from a watercycle now move faster than the watercycle itself. This should make some segments where you freeze toxic/moisture much easier.
- Added a new option to lock sprinting just by tapping the button rather than holding it down.
- Slight rewording of one of the hints related to Haunted Shipyard.
- Split up the controls menu into “Camera Controls” and “Input Config”.