Hey guys! Krayfishkarl here and welcome to another Droplet: States of Matter update! Early access 1.27.1 is now available! This update focuses on various quality of life changes.
Time trials have received a number of improvements. You are now able to restart a time trial in progress from the menu, allowing you to quickly try it again without having to leave and reenter the level. Additionally, after obtaining a gold crystal, you’ll now see the time needed to beat the optional Kray time which was previously hidden until 100% completion was achieved. I’ve added several other subtle behavioral changes to ensure a consistent experience with this challenge. The full details are in the patch notes which you can find on either the Krayfish Entertainment website or on the Steam page.
I’ve also changed the way in-game hints are delivered to the player. When struck, the hint board will now cycle through all available hints rather than choosing one at random each time. I’ve removed the generic gameplay hints so that the hint board becomes more useful for locating pink crystals and artifacts.
Lastly, I’ve smoothed out interactions with moving platforms. I went through the majority of locations in the game to ensure that they have improved physics and collision detection. This is by far one of the most extensive changes to the game as I almost completely rewrote the Blueprints for how moving platforms work. Because of this, I will be saving the reworks of some areas, such as the boss encounters, for a future date.
That’s all for now! And with that, thank you for following the development of Droplet: States of Matter!
- You can now restart a time trial from the pause menu.
- Kray Times will now be displayed once the gold crystal for a level is obtained rather than after 100% completion.
- Time trial crystals will now despawn thirty seconds after entering a level.
- Starting a time trial now resets you to the default state of matter.
- The Science Museum is now treated as a hub level. If you save and reload from within it, you’ll start there rather than in Argon Town.
- SPOILER ALERT: Ruby’s Weather Machine can no longer be used during time trials. This is to make the Kray times worth going for prior to 100% completion. END OF SPOILER.
- Updated various moving platforms with improved physics and collision.
- Adjusted some platforms in the ultimate challenge.
- Adjusted some platforms in Haunted Shipyard and Xenon Lagoon.
- Updated movement of bubbles in Abyssal Fissure and Radiant Reactor.
- Slightly adjusted a misplaced crate in Mangrove Marsh.
- Minor adjustments to Lucky Cyberpunk.
- Changed color of Jawtrap’s teeth.
- Updated model of arrow platforms.
- Updated model for dark clouds.
- Regular moving platforms are now slightly thinner.
- Fixed a miscolored rock in Abyssal Fissure.
- Fixed missing texture on piles of treasure.
- You will now cycle through all available hints when activating the hint board. There is also less cooldown when striking the hint board for new hints.
- Removed the generic hints so that the hint board is exclusively for finding pink crystals and artifacts.
- Updated text references to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One to their modern counterparts as of these patch notes.
- Cleaned up some of the logic for warping to different levels.