Hey guys! Krayfishkarl here and welcome to another Droplet: States of Matter update! Early access 1.23 is now available! This update reworks the Borealis Vista level to have a brand new layout.
As one of the first levels of the game, Borealis Vista is meant to illustrate some of the game’s fundamental mechanics. In a previous update, Tiki Tectonics demonstrated the concept of turning into cloud form by standing near sources of heat. The goal of Borealis Vista is to show the player the basics of ice form and how it can be applied in a variety of situations.
For example, the positioning of breakable boxes near the toxic ocean clues the player into discovering that ice form is capable of freezing liquids. The pools of clear water help to show that while ice form can swim on the surface, it cannot dive underwater. Additionally, certain enemies such as ghosts have immunity to ice form which means the player must switch to a different state of matter to defeat it.
Understanding how the states of matter work is key for the player to be able to overcome the challenges of later levels in the game. Borealis Vista serves as a relatively safe, easy location to make sure that they understand ice form before moving on to the next area.
That’s all for now! And with that, thank you for following the development of Droplet: States of Matter!
- Redesigned Borealis Vista from the ground up.
- Ice cream enemies now feature different colors and amounts of health depending on whether they are in Borealis Vista or in Macro Kitchen.
- Slightly increased health for pansies and Borealis ghosts.
- Borealis ghosts no longer pass through walls.
- Reduced damage radius of Borealis ghosts.
- Lucky Cyberpunk has been renamed to Neo Kryptopolis.
- Pompeii and Circumstance has been renamed to Brimstone Temple.
- Fixed a bug where defeating enemies would sometimes award the incorrect atom value.
- Fixed a bug where you could sometimes respawn in the wrong location in the Kalofrioh boss fight.
- Minor changes to Droplet’s and Molly-QL’s animation state machines to handle some edge cases.
- Adjusted the animation state machine of the Ice Cream Cyclops.
- Fixed a bug where you would not respawn to the correct location during the Sobek boss fight.
- Fixed a bug where Sobek’s mummies sometimes did not despawn when reentering the arena.
- Adjusted one of the windy areas in Gale Vale.
- Fixed a bug in Brimstone Temple where the player would respawn at the wrong location in the artifact challenge area.